Month number 3 is a blur to me....So much happened that I don't think that I remember it all!! That is the purpose of this blog, for me to journal and archive so that I can look back and remember, but the fact of the matter is that I don't have time! And when I do find the time, I usually end up doing some other household chore! By the time I get around to blogging I have forgotten everything I wanted to blog about! So this is my best shot at blogging about month 3!
We haven't been back to the doctor, so I do not have any official weights but my best guess is that Graham is on his way to 15lbs and Liza is around 14lbs. That is some super charged milk that they are getting : )
I returned to work on June 7th....now most people ask me how I handled that and then look at me with a pity look, but the truth of the matter is I was ready to go! Now, when I returned I was only working 3 days a week and my mom and mother-in-law are watching them so I didn't feel that added stress of strangers caring for my babies and I was only going to be gone for 8 hour stretches in non consecutive days! I looked at it as an 8 hour vacation and believe me when I say my paid job is soooo much easier than my job here at home! An added bonus is that I like my job! The downside of returning to work (other than leaving my babies) is how organized I have to be, the night before my first day I spent at least two hours ironing clothes, packing my bags (pump, lunch, purse), making bottles, and making sure diapers and such were stocked for the babysitters! Thank goodness the sitters are coming to our house, I can't imagine the nightmare it would be if I had to get myself and two babies out the door, I would never make it there on time!
The sleeping and spitting are going much better! I have felt for a while that Liza would sleep through the night, since Graham woke up to eat I would wake Liza up to eat also. I finally had the guts to not wake her and she slept like a champ! I have since gotten Graham to drop his middle of the night feed, but we still have to get up and put his bink in his mouth! The spitting has decreased but they still have their moments!
We had the babies Baptized on June 6th
Chad's first Father's Day is one that I am sure he would like to forget...we spent it at the funeral home for his Aunt Becky's wake, but we were able to spend some time with some friends at Deep Creek Lake prior to which was a nice break from the sadness. Here is Chad and the dynamic duo sporting their shades getting ready to take a spin on the lake!
My brother Matt was able to make it home from Alabama so that babies got to meet Uncle Matt for the first time in person, we have Skyped many times (love technology) but it's not that same as being there!
I keep telling myself things will get easier, but I have come to the conclusion that some things will get easier and then some other speed bump will come up that throws a wrench in your routine....and this will be a never ending cycle. I have come to the conclusion that around the time of 7-12 weeks it becomes harder (at least I thought so) and my hypothesis is that the adrenaline and newness of it all is wearing off, the sleep deprivation is taking its toll, and you begin to realize (or at least I did) that this is for real!!!!
Now that I look back on the first few weeks, I no doubt had a serious case of the baby blues, nothing out of the ordinary but the baby blues for sure. I thought that I had it conquered and that my teariness and crying spells were over, when I had to miss my best friend's wedding. When I finally gave up hope of being able to attend I was a mess to say the least! First I was missing the most important days of one of my closest friends life and second it was another reminder of how life has changed....don't get me wrong the change has been good, but it has changed none the less. In our pre-baby life Chad and I would have been the first ones on the plane, but now it isn't as easy! I was there in spirit and from the pics that I have seen the new Mr & Mrs. Aye were stunning...Congrats G & T.
Bring it on month #4....I am excited/afraid for what is in store!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment