At their two month check-up...I was surprised at how much they had grown!!! I knew they had gotten bigger, but when you are with them everyday you don't realize exactly how much they have grown! Graham weighed in at 11 lbs 8 oz and was 22 inches long, and Liza was 10 lbs 1 oz and 21.5 inches long. That makes both of them very close to doubling their birth weight...simply amazing! Both of them got a clean bill of health, so we must be doing something right!
Here is a picture of them on their two month "birthday"
Here are my thoughts on Month 2.....
I like to call this month The Month of the S's, by this I mean...Spit, Shots, Screams & Squeals, & best of all Smiles!!!!
Spit....I mentioned in my last post that my kids could spit....well I wasn't lying!!! I think it got worse and now it is getting better (thank you lord). For some reason the spitting about puts me over the edge! I feel like my kids should have a warning label on them....can and will spit at any given time! It obviously is not interfering with their growth, and they do not act like they are in pain so we do not feel that it is anything to worry about. Like the pediatrician said, "they are babies, that is what they do"! But, after I change clothes for the third time in one day....I'm ready to spit myself!
Shots....What's worse than a baby getting shots???? Having two babies getting shots!! They did well getting the shots....it was just the car ride home and then the next 4-5 hours of fussing! I know shots are necessary and I am an advocate of immunizations....but the aftermath in our house was not pretty!!! Acetaminophen was definitely our friend! I also borrowed an adage from my great sensible friend Dennelle....she always told her daughter that the shots hurt, but that they are meant to help her and keep her healthy. Seems right to me, the shots may hurt and the fussing may be mind numbing, but it is a heck of a lot better than getting Tetanus or polio.
Screams and Squeals....my kids have found their voices and they are not afraid to use them! By the end of month one we were able to tell their cries apart....Liza has a higher pitched cry! I think they are also starting to realize that they can make noise and are squealing and cooing just to hear themselves!
Smiles....They are both smiling! I was so excited for this! I have captured Liza's smile on camera, but have not been able to get Graham's. This may sound weird but when I see them smile, it makes all the not so fun times bearable! I just love when they wake up in the morning and smile at me!
Other tid bits....
They have been on a couple of road trips and have done quite well! Chad and I are used to going and doing...we know that a lot of things in life will never be the same as they were, but we are doing our best to adapt to our life with kids but we are also trying to have G & L adapt to our lifestyle!
As I noted on Facebook...I conquered Wal-Mart with both babies by myself!!! I had Liza in her car seat on top of the buggy and Graham was in the Baby Bjorn carrier strapped to me! I got lots of weird looks to say the least! I was proud of myself and I think part of the reason I did it was to prove to myself that I could! Now with that said it is not my preferred way to grocery shop!!!
Still breastfeeding....I'm proud of this too! Back in week #1 I never thought I would make it this far! Like I said before it is hard, but it is rewarding! Not only rewarding....but it is a heck of a weight loss program ;)
Here are a few pics: My first mother's day, Liza smiling, and Graham doing some "tummy time"

Up next month 3!!!!
1 comment:
Good for you! It is a much happier household to teach them to adapt to your lifestyle than totally changing what has worked for you and your husband! I take my two EVERYWHERE and we pack em up and do a lot! Enjoy because it really does go fast! You are doing a great job, I thought one at a time was hard!!
Post a Comment