4 month stats:
Graham 14 lbs 12 oz 24 inches long
Liza 14 lbs 23 3/4 inches long
Over the past month they have really started to develop their own personalities....it is pretty awesome to sit back and watch, the funny thing is I can see parts of both Chad and I in each of them.
They have been in competition with each other to see who could roll over first....the winner....Graham! He rolled over for the first time on July 23 and he was kind enough to do it while I was home! At their 4 month mark, Liza was still practicing to get the roll over just right (she's a perfectionist, like her Momma). As I have been watching them attempt to roll over I've noticed that they take totally different approaches...Graham will twist the mid-section of his body and stretch his neck to one side until he is in a corkscrew position, Liza on the other hand will flex her hips so that her feet are straight up in the air and then throw her legs/feet to one side! This reinforces that yes they are twins, but they are their own individual unique self! While typing this I have realized that I have no video of them rolling : ( (Note to self: take videos one day you will appreciated them!)
Things we have been up to:
Swinging: I bought them swings for the back porch and they love them!!!
We went swimming for the first time:
I have to include this pic of Liza...while I was pregnant the ultrasound techs could never get a clear pic of her face as she always had her hands/arms blocking the view. I took this pic of her while she was going to bed one evening...this is how she falls asleep...you guessed it hands over face!
A penny for my thoughts.....(well you don't have to pay me, I'm going to tell you anyhow)!
I have had a bit of what I call "one baby/child envy" lately! Basically I am jealous of those who only have one baby! Now understand I am not saying I would give one or the other of them up...what I am saying is when I go to do things such as make a quick trip into the store or when one is quiet/sleeping and the other is not...there is always that thought that this would be soooo much easier with only one (not to discredit you parents of singletons). Chad gets MAD at me for this and he seems to think that one would not be any easier, so we compromise I won't say easier....how about less interesting!!! I have had people tell me that God "knew I could handle twins" this makes me laugh...I don't know if we are "handling it" but we are getting by sometimes we make it up as we go a long but we get by none the less.
Earlier I said that I haven't taken any video....I just realized that I also have not printed any pictures since they were born (welcome to the age of digital photography)!
The blog is serving it's purpose of serving as a "baby book"! I am not organized enough to do an actual baby book so it was my hope that this blog would take the place of that and it has! In a few moments of my "spare time" I went back and read my entire blog and it amazed me to see pictures of me pregnant and I literally stared at the computer in disbelief that those pics were me and that I carried twins to full term! I know it was only four short months ago, but I am not lying when I tell you that I can hardly remember what it feels like to be pregnant.
On to month 5!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment