Wednesday, October 13, 2010

6 months

Six months how can that be??????? That is half a year...it seems impossible to me in every way that my babies are on the downhill slide to being a year old!!! On a side not...I can recall a conversation Chad and I had when G & L were around 6 weeks old... it went something like this..."things will be so much easier/better when they are 6 months old"....and to this I say "Ignorance is bliss"! At that point in time we just needed to feel that yes things would be easier! Now that we are at the 6 month mark the conversation should have went like this..."when they are 6 months we hopefully will be getting a touch more sleep and that will allow us to cope with raising two children better"! My friend Pam who is the Momma (and an awesome one too!)of college aged twin girls told me when I was pregnant..."the first 3 months are HELL, but the good news is you won't remember them"...Pammy truer words were never spoken!!!



Ironically on the day of G & L's six month "birthday" it was also the one year "anniversary of Chad and I finding out that there was going to be a G and a L not just a G or a L!!!!! It is amazing to think that one year ago Betsy showed us this on an old grainy ultrasound machine...
Even as a member of the medical profession, I look at the above two pictures in true amazement of the miracle life truly is!!!!

Last week we had our six month check up and the stats are in....Graham weighed in at 18lbs 8oz and 26 inches long....Liza was 17 lbs 14oz and 26.5 inches long! Both have more than tripled their birth weight! But, the most astounding number to come out of the whole visit was that combined 8 shots and two oral vaccinations...can you say OUCH!!!!! But they were not alone, Chad and I also rolled up our sleeves and got our flu shots too! So do you hear that flu???? You are not welcome in the Saas household!

Speaking of the flu, this past month we experienced our first sickness!!! In late September we traveled to Virginia to attend a conference for Chad's job! The first night Liza ends up with a fever! We are in a hotel, I hadn't packed any supplies to deal with this situation, I ended up making a midnight Wal-mart run to gather the things I need (to bad they don't sell Grandmas at the Wal-mart). There was very little sleep that night, the next day things seemed to be getting better to go south quickly! By the end of the night Liza, Graham, and Chad all had fevers! Fun times!!! I escaped the "sickness" until we returned home and then was saddled with it the whole next week! Being sick and being a mom, I've come to realize go together like oil and water...they just don't mix! We are all well again, and thus the reason we could not get our flu shots fast enough!!!! Heck, I'd get 20 if I was allowed!

This month saw the beginning of football season and the two newest Notre Dame fans were ready!!!


Not to worry G & L will be sporting their Mountaineer gear come basketball season!

As you can tell from the first pic in this post both G & L are sitting up on their own!!!! They are still trying to crawl, but cannot get the hang of it yet! There is nothing better and at times nothing funnier than watching them both figure out new things!!

This past month we celebrated my 32nd birthday, we did so by going out to eat and seriously eating the fastest meal in restaurant history to get out of there and back home before there were any major meltdown by either baby or by mom!!! My present was a flip video camera so as soon as I figure it out I can post some videos on here, more for myself but if you want to watch...go right ahead!

I'll end this post with a couple of my favorite pics and also a video clip just to see if I can figure out how to post!
First pic Graham trying to figure out this crawling business!!! Second, Liza with a napkin on her head....anything in her hands she put directly on her head!



Up next month...Hopefully crawling, eating their first food, Sleep training 101 and I'm sure some craziness!

No comments: