I am hurrying to get this month number 7 blog up before they turn 8 months!!! Time is flying by and it is amazing to think that we are now closer to their first birthday than the day they were born. I know I say this A LOT but it just does not seem possible!
This post may be heavy on pictures for two reasons...first I have lots of good pics from this month and second sleep has been hard to come by in this house and my brain dose not like to function especially at this time of night (for an ex-nightshifter that is pretty pathetic as it is only 9:20pm)
As for the not sleeping bit....well month 7 was a sleeping roller coaster! And let me tell you, it is a ride that I would like to exit!!!! We started out the month "sleep training" and the first few weeks were "ok"....L has historically been the better sleeper but G was holding his own and I was getting up a few times a night to pat his butt or put his bink back in! So I prematurely thought to myself...this sleep training is easy stuff! Well easy until the wheels fell off, I am not sure what happened but somewhere in the middle of the month the sleep training took a wrong turn and there were nights where there was no one sleeping in this house! We are slowly getting more sleep, but I have come to the realization that sleep is going to be an ongoing battle....one that I used to be determined to win but am now I am willing to settle for a draw. One more thing on sleeping....a quick shout out to my friend Melissa who has twins about 1 1/2 months younger than G & L, she and her husband have also been sleep training and she has gotten me through some days that otherwise I don't know how I would have made it through..either with a text, phone conversation, or facebook post! So...Melissa thanks....I think the reason we both have twins is so that we could become friends!!!!
Both G & L are mobile, which makes life even more crazy! Liza crawled first and she hasn't looked back since. Graham was a few days behind her, although he does this army crawl. He will get up on all fours and try to crawl but then drop down on his belly and just pull himself wherever he wants to go with his arms! Now that they are mobile they are attracted to everything that they are not supposed to touch!! They love electric cords and the furnace vents!
At 6 months they started solid foods...their first veggie was carrots and for the most part both are pretty good eaters, messy, but good! Prior to babies, Chad was meticulous about our hardwood floors, if something was spilled he was always giving me a hard time about it, now it is more of a surprise if there isn't something on the floor. I am told we need a dog to clean up all the food that the babies drop, but adding a dog into this household would probably be the deciding factor of securing my space in the loony bin, so for now we will have dirty floors!!!!
Like I said I have some great photos and would love to include them all but here are a few from the month, I still haven't figured out how to upload video from my flip camera to the blog but hope to soon...
Liza and Graham eating carrots! In the pic of G check them out holding hands..they do this alot when they eat!
We went to Mountaineer Madness...a family pic, one of Daddy and Graham, and Liza and Momma! We didn't stay for "madness" but we did get their "Huggy Bears" signed by Coach Huggs
Fun with leaves and a laundry basket...who needs toys??? Finally found something useful to do with the tons of leaves we get every fall...take pics of babies!!!!
Well that is it... next month standing, hopefully and update on sleeping through the night (HA!!! but a girl can wish), halloween!
Side note both the blue and gold hats and the pumpkin hats were knitted by my mother, I am trying to convince her to go into the baby hat business! I used to knit prior to babies, but no time these days!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment