Stats from G and L's 18 month well child check up:
Graham weighs 24lbs 12oz and is 31.5 inches tall
Liza weighs 24lbs and is 31.25 inches tall
Weight and height wise they are almost even as you can see, but if you were to pick them up you would think that G out weighed L by at least a few pounds. They are definitely put together differently. L's height is all in her legs and G's torso is where his length comes from. G is "stocky" and L has more petite features.
They both are wearing 18 month clothes, still in size 3 diapers, both wear a size 5 1/2 shoe. L says about 8 different words her newest being "shoes" (all girl right there). G says 2 or 3 words and the first syllable of many other words. They are both avid "climbers". G mastered climbing out of his crib which earned him this crazy contraption called a crib tent (which is a nice way of saying he is now on lock down when he is in his crib). L has not attempted to climb out of her crib (probably because she saw the tent we put on G's crib) but I did walk into the living room the other day and found her sitting on top of the end table. They both can identify their head, belly button, toes, nose, mouth, ears, and hair.
Their favorite toys right now are a toy vacuum and a toy broom. If only these toys actually cleaned my house would be spotless. G "vacuums" every inch of this house in a days time. They both love books, not only do they love to read them they love to tear them apart. Most all of our books have pages or the cover missing. They love to sing and do the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider and I'm a Little Teapot.
Since I use this blog as a "memory book" of sorts, I am going to use the rest of this space to just list off some of the things I don't ever want to forget (and in case I do forget them I'll have this blog to remind me)! Also at the end I'll include some of my favorite pics.
-I never want to forget them running away from me so that I'll chase them when it is time to get in their high chair or get their diaper changed. They definitely make a game of it. The funniest part is they always run themselves into a dead end or corner to get away from me.
-I don't work on Fridays, so this day is reserved for house work and laundry. A lot of times we don't make it out of our PJs on these days. I usually have the Today show on the TV and all summer long they have their summer concert series on Friday mornings. So Friday mornings have turned into dance parties in our living room. We have rocked out to Coldplay, Maroon 5, Blake Shelton, CeeLo Green and many others this summer. Now that the summer Concert series is over the dance parties continue we just turn one the music channel and dance in our PJs like no one is watching! Not to brag, but my kiddos have got some rhythm!!!
-I never want to forget what it feels like when G or L randomly stops what they are doing to hug or kiss their sibling. This never fails to make me smile when this happens. I can assure you their is nothing more cute than twins/siblings giving each other some love. Neither G or L will go to bed before they hug and kiss each other!
Here are some of my fav pics from the past few months
This pic of L was taken at one of our friend's child's pirate birthday party. L went through the entire treasure chest and took every bead necklace there was. This prompted Chad to say she was NEVER aloud to go to Bourbon Street or Mardi Gras!!!
Seeing their faces when they saw the ocean for the first time was PRICELESS!
Wait for us Dad!!!
Sweet G during one of our PJ dance parties
Our family after some kite flying at the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment