15 month stats are in....my how they have grown!
Graham is 23lbs 13oz and 30 3/8 inches long, he is in the 50th% for weight and 25th% for length.
Liza is 23lbs 3oz and 30.5 inches long, which makes her 50th% on both weight and length.
They are both wearing 12-18 month size clothes. Both are in size 3 diapers, although they could go to size 4, but size 3 fit and we haven't had a blow-out and you get 40 more diapers in the the size 3 box than you do in the size 4 and with diapering two I conserve diapers any way I can plus I'm cheap!!!
Things we are up to these days....
They are learning so much, so quickly these days it is so so amazing to watch them figure things out and see how proud they are of themselves for doing so.
Both are starting to become verbal. Both G and L say Mama, DaDa, and Hi. Liza has recently added "Uh-Oh" and "Da-gee", which in Liza speak is doggy, to her repitoire. I am dreading either of them learning the word "NO", I am surprised they haven't already, Lord knows they hear it enough.
We have mastered finger foods and sippy cups! I really did think sippy cups would be the death of me, but one day they figured it out just like everyone said they would (note to self start listening to others and stop stressing). I swear G & L are the messiest eaters on the face of this earth, not so much as what they get on themselves but what ends up on the floor.
Our house has turned into "that house" that we didn't want it to turn into....Yep it looks like a daycare/fisher-price warehouse. Chad and I built this house when we were 27 years old and we loved it then and love it now. At the time we could not imagine that we would ever need anything more. But, what we didn't know as hip 27 year olds is how much stuff comes along with a baby or in our case babies. But with that said I now can't imagine it without all the toys, it would probably feel and look like when you take down all the Christmas decorations...empty!
On the issue of space...we traded in my car. When I was pregnant we bought a Toyota Venza as our family car. We quickly realized after one road trip that it was nowhere near big enough, the double stroller alone took the entire cargo space. So I am now the driver of a Toyota Sequoia....yeah that is right in a matter of 20 months I have gone from driving my sporty two door Solara, to the mother ship Sequoia.
Chad and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary, we enjoyed a quick dinner out by ourselves, a stop by the grocery store (romantic huh?)and some Bonnie Belle's cake! I'll be perfectly honest, I always envisioned some exotic vacation to celebrate anniversaries such as 5, 10, 15 years etc. So, dinner and the grocery store wasn't exactly what I had envisioned but is perfectly fine with me and I know our day will come and when it does we, in all probability, will look at each other and say "Remember when....Those were the days"!
I had the pleasure of seeing, as patients, a couple who had recently found out they were having twins!!! I have to admit I was a little scared and anxious about this scenario, I didn't want to scare them and I was afraid that I would feel pity for them. I am happy to report that I surprised myself...I was soooo happy for them and didn't feel one ounce of pity for them. I know that they will be kick A$$ parents to twins and I simply welcomed them to the club and answered a few questions!!!
On a weird note, Graham is afraid of the big bathtub...we still have to bath him in the baby tub. He simply freaks out if we put him in the tub. We've tried a bath seat doesn't help. Since we bath G in the baby tub, we do the same for L. Not sure what the issue is because he plays in the pool without any issues. I'm not concerned, I just laugh to myself envisioning moving him into his college dorm baby bathtub and
all!!!
This is a fun age and stage. The thing I love the most is how affectionate they are with us and with each other. Liza loves to give "squeezes" and she will hug me right around the neck. Graham is a kissy boy and will dole out kisses by the dozens. He has perfected the open mouth kiss right on my lips. These are the types of things and feelings that I don't ever want to forget, I wish that I could bottle them and save them for the rebellious teenage years. They are also love to love on each other at least for now. I am sure that will soon change. Liza lovin on G...
On June 11th I ran in my first 5k post babies. It was so much fun. First off it was for a great cause, it benefited Derek Hotsinpiller the Federal Marshal who died in the line of duty, it was inspiring to see the community come out by the hundreds to support his family. My time wasn't the greatest, 5 minutes off of my pre-baby time, but it was a start!
Just as I mentioned how I sit in awe of them learning and figuring out new things, I also am amazed at their teamwork. G and L understand the quote "There is not I in team" and I believe they will make an awesome teammate one day. It is crazy how they work together to achieve certain tasks, albeit it is usually something they are not supposed to be doing, but teamwork none the less. Case in point, we have always put them in the pack n play while I get ready for work, until last week when they conspired to tip the thing over for an all out jail break. They were not completely successful as I caught the pack n play before it completely tipped. Chad and I have taken an us against them attitude...kinda like survival of the fittest! A few pics that show their team work...First L trying to help G bust out of the crib, second G chauffeuring L around in the Tonka truck which mind you is over 25 years old it belonged to Uncle Andrew and Uncle Matt!!!
This is the LIFE....
No comments:
Post a Comment