Many things have been happening since the last post....the babies are super active! Last night I swear they were having a ping pong match, one would move and then the other and this went on for at least 45 minutes....not to mention it was 4 AM! I guess they have already studied up on Newton's Laws of Motion "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"!!! Not only are they moving like crazy, but I am starting to be able to tell body parts that are hitting me, Baby A's (Boy) foot is and has been lodged under my left rib, and Baby B's (girl) butt has been right above my belly button! I'm not complaining about their movements at all...I must say it just amazes me every time I feel it!!!!
My last ultrasound was on New Year's Eve...all three of us were doing well! Both babies weighed in at approximately 2 pounds, which was really good for their age! We won't talk about what Mama weighed in at LOL! I fear the scale is going to hit a number that I don't want it to, but I am trying not to dwell on it but have already warned Chad that if and when that number flashes on the scale I may shed a few tears....and then I will be over it! He assures me all my weight gain has been in my belly...I know different and am not really worried about it as much as it sounds here it is just overwhelming at times!
Here are a few things we have been up to since last time:
-After much debate on style and safety ratings we purchased two cribs! They came in last week and we assembled both of them in less than 1 hour! I was impressed with this! Things left to do in babies room, get a rocking chair, get a changing table/dresser, and decorate!
-I have finished knitting Baby Boy's blanket! It took me about one month which was the goal that I had set to have it done! It is Navy Blue and I do love the finished product! I will post a pic below! I have now started on Baby Girl's blanket it will be the exact same blanket only in purple! I have not "theme" for the nursery, I will just be using shades of blue and purple! The pattern for the blankets is out of a Debbie Bliss baby knits book and is basically done in Seed stitch with a knit border, for any knitter out there!
-I started my new job on January 4th! I love it! I enjoy what I do and I enjoy learning new things there! The job even comes equipped with a doppler, fetal monitor and an ultrasound machine!!! I have refrained from having them ultrasound me to peek in on the little ones, but will admit to listening to their heartbeats first thing every morning! I do miss all of my former co-workers (that's for you Angie and Diana if your reading)!
-I am trying to come up with a mental list of everything I want to try and get done prior to the babies arrival, I keep hearing about this "nesting" phase and I am waiting for it to kick in! So I am documenting it here...I want to hand clean our hardwood floors and ceramic tile, wipe down walls and base boards, shampoo our bedroom carpet, and organize the kitchen cabinets and our dresser drawers, along with all the other daily/weekly housekeeping chores! Oh and finish the nursery! Okay there I have written it out so now I have to get it done!
- New Year's resolutions....I haven't spelled these out clearly yet for myself but first and foremost I want to get these babies here in the safest healthiest way possible! I thing my biggest goal non baby related is that I want to start running again! Last year I along with Chad completed a 5k and I would like to do a couple more at the end of summer and in the fall this year and then gradually work my way up to a 10k or even a half marathon!!!!
-My mom has officially turned in her retirement papers, so at the end of the school year she will be done teaching and will enter into her new position as grandma/babysitter! With the help of Chad's mom they are going to be our childcare plan!
Pics....whats a post without some pics?!?!?! In no particular order the pics will be of Baby A's foot that is lodged in my left rib, Baby B's hand, my belly at 27 5/7 weeks, and a not so great pic of Baby Boy's blanket!




1 comment:
Awww! I love them already! You look great and so does the blanket! I agree with Chad, I don't see any weight gain except BELLY - and not even much of that yet! Love, Aimee
Post a Comment