The last time I posted I was 36 weeks and waiting for something, anything to happen! I had been so fixated on getting to 36 weeks that I thought once I got there I would magically go into labor...didn't happen!
At 36 weeks and 6 days I woke up early not feeling well, went into the doctor and my blood pressure was elevated which bought me and overnight stay in the hospital, all testing was normal and we returned home with a plan of delivering at 38 weeks!
On Saturday 3/27 I attended one of my best friend's bridal shower and then watched with great excitement as the WVU Men's Basketball Team beat Kentucky advancing to them to the final four!!! On the way home from watching the game I started feeling stronger contractions than I had felt previously, and didn't sleep particularly well that night! Things stayed the same the next morning, I was uncomfortable, but not what I imagined labor to feel like, and again I didn't feel well! After some coaxing from my nurse friends on L & D we made the trek to the hospital! My BP again was high, my cervix was 2 cm and very high, my doctor was there and he and I made the decision that it was time to meet these two! We decided to deliver via C-Section as my blood pressure was high and it appeared that inducing labor may take to long!!!
Soooo.... on March 28, 2010 at 12:13pm Graham Thomas Saas was born and one minute later at 12:14 Liza Dare Saas was here!!! Graham weighed in at 6lbs 2oz and Liza at 5lbs 3oz, both healthy and beautiful!!!
Here are some random thoughts that I have regarding pregnancy, delivery, and going from a husband/wife family to the parents of two newborns:
First I am so proud of myself for carrying twins to term with little to no complications....in the beginning I didn't think it was possible!
I was scared to death of surgery, I had never had an IV as an adult...neither were as bad as I imagined!
I had the best team taking care of me!!! Everyone one from Dr. Shon Rowan and the nurses (all of which I am lucky enough to also call my friends), to the anesthesia team, and surgical techs....were the absolute best!
As with anyone who becomes a Mom for the first time I often wonder what I did with all of my time before!
I'm not to proud to admit that there was a part of me the grieved for my previous simple life and also would look at my two beautiful babies and think to myself if there was only ONE things might be a little easier...not that I would give one or both back...just both thoughts that have crossed my mind at one point or another!
Multitasking has taken on a whole new meaning...I can hold two babies at once, I can feed two babies at once, I can feed one baby while changing the other! I'm talented!!!
Not that I didn't before but I truly believe now that God only gives you what you can handle and not an ounce more...there have been multiple times that I have thought to myself I can't take another second of crying and magically the babies have stopped!
Chad is AWESOME!!! An awesome husband and and even better DAD! (He stood and watched the whole surgery)
Being a patient in general is tough, I don't really ever want to experience that again! I would much rather be taking care of patients then being one!
No matter how much you think you know your life is going to change when you become a mom.....you really have NO CLUE! Especially when it involves becoming a mom twice over in a matter of minutes!
The Baby Blues are REAL....I cried at the drop of a hat in those first few weeks!!! And I still have my moments!
Breastfeeding is hard...matter of fact I think it is the hardest thing I have ever done...but I guess anything worth doing isn't easy!
Sleep is overrated...really it isn't I'm just telling myself that!
We have awesome family and friends...they have made sure we were fed and had rest or anything else that we may have needed!
I now know unconditional love...not that I don't love Chad unconditionally...loving your children is different!
And now a few pictures (these uploaded in reverse order), first in our carseats going home, with our WVU hats gearing up for the FINAL FOUR, our first family photo, and the last pic (ever) of me pregnant!!!





I will do a post of our first month at home hopefully this week!
2 comments:
Miss, I love the blog. Everything you said is so true. I only had one, and poof, life changed forever. I love every minute of it and can't imagine what it's like with two -- cudos to you, totally awesome you got to term !! You family is gorgeous, hope to meet the little ones one day!!
Congratulations on your little family! I can't imagine carrying twins full term, good for you! I understand the feeling you felt by delivering with all your friends as your nurses....it is great!
Post a Comment