The first month is nothing but a blur to Chad and I.....as I mentioned in the last post the sleep deprivation is unimaginable and no matter what you think you are prepared for, simply you are not prepared at all! The first month was spent doing the basics eating, sleeping (babies, not parents), pooping, peeing, changing, and bathing then REPEATING! For me, my main focus was feeding G & L, breastfeeding is TOUGH, don't let anyone tell you any different. But, it is doable even with twins!!! Liza was a little more sluggish than Graham and didn't gain weight as quickly which was a little concerning, but by week 4, all three of us got the hang of it and life was much better at week 4 than week 1.
G & L's first month brought about a few of the many firsts that they will experience this first year!

Their first game! WVU men's basketball's appearance in the Final
Four for the first time in 50+ years and their 2 newest fans were ready to cheer them on complete with their "Huggy Bears"

Their first Easter!


Lots of crying took place during the first month!!!! First pic is Graham, Second Liza!
They also did a lot of growing their first month! I don't have pictures of their trip to the doctor (it is a bit chaotic when we are there) but at their 1 month appointment Graham weighed 9 lbs 8 oz (birth wt was 6lbs3oz) and Liza was 7lbs 15 oz(birth weight 5lbs 3oz), I am a bad mom and didn't record nor do I remember their lengths : (
Now for my favorite part of the blog just a list of random thoughts that I have had during the first month!
I'll start with frequently asked questions by friends, family members and strangers!
Are they identical? No they have different plumbing! (I don't really respond this way)
Is having two babies harder than one? Don't know we've never had just one baby!!!
Are they twins? Ummmm yeah, I don't think it is humanely possible to have babies that close in age...(again not my real response)
Now some random thoughts
Both Chad and I talk to G & L like they are adults and like they understand what we say here is a few examples:
Graham is a little more high maintenance than Liza! He and I have "talks" all the time! I tell him that he must not of got the memo that he is a twin and is expected to have a little more patience than the average baby!
Chad has "talks" with them both when they are crying or fussing and tells them that he is "disappointed in their behavior" or that "their behavior is unacceptable"
My newest accessory is baby spit, my kids can spit up with the best of them!
I am pretty certain that my son thinks he is a dog and needs to mark his territory by peeing on everything, when you take his diaper off...take cover! He has peed on me, Chad, the wall, the head board of our bed..you name it he has peed on it!
In time your body does adjust to its new sleep pattern or lack there of!
A few confessions: I have done things that are no-nos...for instance the first few weeks they slept on bobby pillows. I have left them laying on the bed or changing table unattended to run to get what ever supply I am missing. I am sure their are more I just don't remember, but the point is they survived!
Finally here is a pic of their one month birthday!!!!

Well there you have it month one complete and we all lived to tell about it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment