Monday, December 13, 2010

8 months

Month number eight is in the books! As you can tell it is becoming increasingly harder to get a decent pic of both of them at the same time!





Also as evidence by the above pics they are not only mobile, but they can pull themselves up and stand! Liza is daring enough to let go and stand for a few seconds by herself and then will plop down on her bottom! Graham on the other hand holds on for dear life!!! Now that we have hit mobility there is definitely not a dull moment! They are both on the move and usually in different directions, making it very interesting for Chad and I to try to contain them! I need to cancel my gym membership because I'm pretty sure that I run enough around my house to count as a workout (not really but it sure does feel like it), plus who has time to go to the gym! We did get a large gate that I lovingly call "baby jail" but of course they would prefer to have free reign of the whole house!

Now that they are mobile we are seeing more and more of each of their personalities! Liza is definitely what I call "alpha twin"!!! She is in charge and is most definitely the boss and Graham doesn't seem to mind! What woman isn't in charge and the boss???? Graham is happy to yield to her and sit back and follow her lead! Other than rolling over L has hit all other milestones first and G has quickly followed suit. If Liza drives like she crawls, our insurance premiums are sure to sky rocket when she is 16!!! When something catches her eye, she is full steam ahead until she reaches her goal. If something stands between her and what she wants she goes right over top of them or it (including Graham), not around, overtop! More than a couple time she has pulled G down or climbed over top of him and he just watches with a look on his face as if to say that's my sister! Graham on the other hand crawls like he is on a Sunday stroll, not in any hurry to get any place in particular! Chad often tells G as he is crawling around following L..."Hey Graham....I wouldn't hang out with her if I was you...she is just going to get you in trouble!"....and he is probably right...I can already envision G coming home from school after getting in trouble for fighting and him telling me that he was just finishing a fight that Liza started!!!!

The one time of day that they are usually headed in the same direction is when I come through the door from work. As soon as they hear my voice even if they can't see me and I can't see them I can hear the slap of their hand and knees on our hardwood floors racing to see who can get to me first! When they get to me on is climbing one leg while the other is climbing my other....it warms my heart to say the least!!! Definitely one of my fav times of the day!

For their first Halloween G & L were Ketchup and Mustard!


This month they also celebrated their first Thanksgiving and ate turkey and homemade noodles!!! But from the looks of these pics their fingers tasted just as good!



This month also saw Chad go out of town for the first time since the babies were born, leaving me to parent all by myself!!! Now I use the term "by myself" loosely because my parents were here most of the time, but man it was still exhausting! By the end of the week we all (my parents included) were ready for Chad to return! I now have a new found respect for all my single parent friends....I'm not sure how you do it, but you guys certainly rock in my book! Of course, the week Chad was gone was probably the worst sleeping week the babies had, but in the end we all survived and I am now quietly plotting my escape sometime in the near future....and then it is daddy's turn to man the house and the babies. I'm sure that is when they will decide to sleep through the night and I'll return home to Chad saying this is easy...I don't know why you think it's so hard with a grin on his face!!!

For the last 3 years, Chad and I have enjoyed season WVU basketball tickets. Many have asked if we were going to sit this year out with the babies being so young! The answer is NO, we may regret it, but we will be there all 4 of us! At this point we have been to a couple of games and it is a bit of work getting there and we definitely have more "stuff", so if you attend any WVU home games and you see a circus in section 8...it is probably just us!

I'll end with my fav pic of me and the babies...it was taken by Shelley at photos by design...Next month hopefully teeth (we have none so far), more mobility, Christmas!


No comments: