Tuesday, January 4, 2011

9 Months

Month number 9!!!!!! WOW is all I can say!



The stats are in from their 9 month appointment.....Graham is 20lbs 9oz and 27.5 inches and Liza is 19lbs 11oz and 27 inches long! They are getting so big! No wonder my back hurts from carrying them both around, and yes I do carry them both at the same time because sometimes I have no other choice! I have never been into lifting weights, but I might just end up with some well defined biceps from lifting these two! The best part about the 9 month check-up NO SHOTS!!!! The worst part about the 9 month check-up....as we were leaving Dr. Leonard says see you in 3 months for their 1 year check up!!!! I felt like some one punched me in the stomach....ONE YEAR???? He couldn't be talking about my babies, in my mind they are still newborns not on the verge of being a year old!!!! But, he was talking about my babies and they are well on their way to being a year old! Some days it seems as if I was just pregnant yesterday and others I can't remember life before them!

When they were newborns all everyone would say is just wait until they are mobile! I would think to myself when someone said that...it can't be worse than feeding every 3 hours or this sleep deprivation...well I don't know if it is worse, but it is equally exhausting! As I posted on facebook once....I would love to be able to go back and have a conversation with my pre-baby self and just laugh at how tired and busy I thought I was back then!!! I had no idea what tired and busy was in those days, but I have a pretty good understanding now!

We celebrated our first Christmas together as a family! It was very exciting and fun, but at the same time it was exhausting (do you see a theme here???). Our holidays have always included many stops, but add into all those stops loading and unloading 20lb babies into the mix and the result is pure exhaustion! This year I didn't have a whole lot of time to shop, so I did a little internet shopping and then I employed elves to go and shop for me and all I had to do was write the check when they came back with my treasures! It was kinda nice I'm not gonna lie!! Thanks Mom and Matt for being my elves!

Santa was good to G & L bringing them walker toys to help them practice their walking skills and also for them to have races down our hallway! We started some traditions this year with wearing Christmas PJs and doing stockings (Chad made fun of their Pjs but I thought they were cute)




I was a bad mom/photographer and did NOT get a pic of them in front of our tree but I did manage to get a pic of all 4 of us in front of my mom's tree!

A few things about this pic jump out at me...first the look of pure exhaustion in both my and Chad's face, second SHOES....for the first time my babies wore shoes!! Some have heard me say it before, I don't have time to keep track of shoes so we just don't wear them (nor does L wear hair bows for the same reason), but what better day to wear shoes than Christmas! HA!

9 month tid bits....

We finally are getting teeth (wow I just read the last few lines you would think my babies were from WV... no shoes or teeth) Liza has two and Graham one...no pics because they don't like to show off their pearly whites!

We still are NOT sleeping through the night! If you would have told me when they were newborns that we would be 9 months and not sleeping through the night I might have died! Noone eats through the night, one or both are up at least once usually 2-3 times through the night, hence the exhausted look in the above pic!

Still breastfeeding....unbelievable that is all I'm going to say about that!

The babies saw their first snow...no pics and they didn't go out in it but they saw it! (All the snow before Christmas reminds me of being pregnant because Lord knows we had enough snow last winter)

Unsolicited advice....I had a complete stranger approach me while I had both babies by myself and tell me that they were to big for me to carry in their infant carriers! That I just needed to ditch them and carry them! Thanks Lady....but how do you suggest I transport both of them by myself if I don't have them in the carriers! I'll be the first to admit they are heavy...I just smiled at her and thanked her for her advice! It is so funny the advice people feel the need to give!

Alas...I am starting to knit again! Yay!

Next month New Year's Resolutions (I have a bunch), if I were to bet WALKING, and hopefully a completed knitting project!

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

miss--so great to see you today! wish i had gotten your email or phone number..would love to catch up sometime (as if we have time for that! ha)
your pictures are beautiful and you seem so happy..albeit tired..but happy. you look great and the pictures of you and the kids are fabulous!

lorrie