Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Month 10



10 months and I am starting to realize that slowly but surely I am watching my "infants" turn into "toddlers"!!!!! If it is possible I HATE this just as much as I LOVE this! I am sure if I asked any mother, they would confirm that my feelings are normal. I remember quite vividly not that long ago when I welcomed the thought of them being "older and more independent". Now that it is here, I sometimes long for those quite moments when they were sleepy newborns and both fit comfortably in my arms at the same time (they both still fit in my arms at the same time, it's just not so comfortable). But, the reality of it is they are growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it! And, to be truthful, isn't that the reason that we have children to watch them grow and become their own unique self?!?!?

Month 10 saw Liza learn to walk and her walk has quickly turned into a run!

As you can tell by the look on her face she is very proud of herself!!!

Graham is "cruising" around furniture and taking a few steps on his own but still prefers crawling as his main mode of "transportation"!

We have started introducing the "sippy cup" but they haven't quite caught on! They chew on them, throw them on the floor, everything but drink out of them!



Some of my "flight of ideas" from month ten!!!!

We have teeth!!! Liza has her two bottom front and is working one on the top! Graham has his two bottom front!

Lately I have come to the realization and am not to proud to admit that I grossly UNDERESTIMATED the amount of WORK it is being a parent! I have heard people say that a "mother's work is never done" well I can now attest to the truthfulness of that statement!

Sleep continues to be a battle. We have good weeks and we have not so good weeks! I swear I am going to figure this sleep thing out if it KILLS me! Once I figure it out, I am writing a book about it ;-) And my friend Melissa is going to be my co-author!

Prior to having babies I tried to be as "green" (environmentally friendly) as possible! Recycle, conserve energy, reusable shopping bags, just a few little things to do my part to protect our environment! I actually had a fleeting thought of using cloth diapers, which really cracks me up to think about now! I mention this, because our house is a lot of things these days, but it is definitely not "green"! In the last 10 months are trash output I guarantee has increased 100%!

My brothers got G & L "Your Baby Can Read" for Christmas. We started playing the videos once a day this past month and as far as baby videos go they are actually tolerable. Now, I am not going to lie and tell you that after one month of watching these videos that G & L can read at the ripe old age of 10 months or that they can visually recognize words. What they are doing is hearing certain words (both on the video or if we say them) then doing the corresponding gesture. As of now, if you say WAVE, CLAP, or ARMS UP, they will wave their hands, clap their hands, or put their arms above their heads! So if you are thinking or have thought about getting these videos I think they are worth it as long as you have realistic expectations.

If I had a quarter for every time we have heard someone say "I always wanted twins" we would definitely have a piggy bank full! My friend Jen recently had her second baby, a beautiful baby boy named Corbin. Her older daughter, Kaelyn, is 3 and she is definitely smitten with her new baby brother, but is also intrigued with the concept that I have not ONE but TWO babies. Jen tells me that Kaelyn often pretends to be me and recently sent me the following pic via text.

Sorry it's so small, but this is Kaelyn with her two babies pretending to be me! I am flattered that I have inspired her and I call her my twin momma in training!

Next month the countdown to one year continues! I have multiple blog posts that I want to do to mark their first birthday and to celebrate our survival of the first year of twins! Stay tuned!

No comments: