Tuesday, April 26, 2011

1 Year........


1 year....12 months....52 weeks....365 days....8,760 hours...

No matter how you break it down or measure it, we have made it to this long awaited milestone. WOW...what a long but quick, bumpy but fun, crazy but happy ride this has been! Don't get me wrong there were many times I wanted to exit this carnival ride that we are on, but there were many more times that I thought I don't want it to stop! In the beginning, everyone told me that I would blink and their first birthday would be here. Of course I refused to believe them. And at times I'm not ashamed to admit that in my beyond sleep deprived state I secretly was begging and willing the year to go by more quickly. As it turns out the begging, pleading, and bargaining wasn't needed because this past year was indeed the quickest of my life. There have been tears (both mom and babies), there has been self pity (I'm not to proud to say that), there has been little sleep, there have been life lessons, but most of ALL there has been LOVE twice over...more than I ever could have imagined.

The stats are in from G & L's 12 month check up:
Graham 21lbs 8oz....28.5 inches (he was 6lbs 2oz at birth)
Liza 21 lbs 8 oz.... 29 inches (she was 5 lbs 3 oz at birth)

Notes on G & L .... Both are right on track as far as their milestones. They both are walking, clapping, babbling, and are eating "finger foods". They love to feed themselves and make a huge mess in the process. Liza will say "hi" but that is all for either of them on the talking front. They love songs their favorites being "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands". Their favorite toys are their Dinosaur walker toys and pots and pans that aren't really toys!

Since this blog's main purpose is to serve as an archive/baby book of Graham and Liza's babyhood, I'm ending with a letter to them that hopefully one day when they are old enough to understand they will find it and read. There are more posts coming I just have to find the time to type them up!!!!

Dear Graham and Liza,
I often think back to the day when we found out we were having twins. Your dad and I were excited, but we were also scared. We had never taken care of one baby and had no idea how we were going to be able to care for two babies at once. We had so many ideas and plans in our head of exactly how we wanted to raise you and things we wanted to teach you, what we failed to realize was exactly how much you two were going to teach us. In the past year you have taught us more about ourselves as parents than I think we ever could have hoped to teach you. You both have taught us how to be parents, you have taught us about sacrifice, your have taught us about family, and most of all you have taught us about unconditional LOVE!

As you go through life you two will be forever linked because not only are you siblings you are TWINS. You share a unique bond that not everyone has. Both your father and I want you to realize how unique this bond is and embrace and cherish it. At the same time we want you to not be afraid to embrace what makes you...you. There are definite similarities that we see in you, but know that from your earliest days you each have had your own very unique personalities.

Graham, you are laid back and a go with the flow type of guy. You are happy to let your sister be in charge and you are very cautious. You learn by observing your surroundings, you love to cuddle, but you don't like to sleep.

Liza, you are outgoing and very busy. You are fearless, independent, and learn by experimenting. You are a take charge kind of girl.

Happy First Birthday to my Sweet Lady and my Handsome Sir...Mommy and Daddy love you more than you'll ever know! XOXOXOXO Mommy and Daddy

No comments: