This is the very first pic we saw of both of them that let us know that there was indeed two!!! 9/28/09

This is Baby A on a formal ultrasound on 10/2/09

And we can't forget Baby B 10/2/09!

So how did we take the news that we are going to have twins??? I will be perfectly honest I think I was in shock! At first all I could do was laugh...I think to keep from crying! In my opinion Chad handled it much better than I did, at least on the outside! For two days I literally felt like I was living someone else's life and that this wasn't really happening to us! Not that I was not happy or excited...I was just scared, scratch that VERY SCARED! Scared for the babies health, scared for my health, and scared of basically the unknown and what is to come! After saying "What are we going to do?" to Chad more times than I can count, I finally took his advice, which was "We are just going to do it!" End of story. So here are a few of our thoughts that are keeping us sane....
1.We don't know what it is like to have one child...so two is going to be our normal. I figure that one would be a little less crazy, but our crazy is going to be two!!!
2.There are many problems that can occur during pregnancy that no one can explain why they happen to certain people. Twin pregnancies can up your chances per se for complications, but I am healthy and have no pre-existing conditions that enhance the likely hood of complications so this is good and I am thinking positively!
3.This goes along with thinking positively....I read a quote the other day that said "What you think about you bring about"...so after reading that I have decided that for the next 30+ weeks when it comes to this pregnancy I am a patient first and a nurse second....so I trying to block all my scary, unpleasant, sad labor and delivery experiences from my mind and just remember the good ones and when I actually think about it good experiences far out weighed the bad
The way I plan to work this blog is to do a weekly baby post maybe a pic of them if I have a new one, maybe just an update, or may a pic of my expanding self! I will try to do this on Wednesdays as that is the day of the week that I call my change day, or in other words the day on which I move into the next week of my pregnancy! Mixed in I hope to have posts on my knitting and maybe I will throw a few posts in about Chad and the big buck he thinks he is going to kill this year!
2 comments:
Cute babies already! I'll wait to see them though. hugs!
Two will be great! Double the work, I'll give you that. But double the smiles, hugs, kisses and LOVE! You will be a great Mommy! ~ Aimee
Post a Comment