I had an appointment this week, everything seems to be going well at this point! I did learn something new, or maybe I will say had my memory refreshed. Since the first ultrasound showed two placentas that were fused or grown together I automatically assumed that indicated fraternal twins. Not necessarily true! There is a chance that they are identical! I still feel that they are fraternal due to the genetic hereditary component of fraternal twins and the strong history of twins in my mother's family. The only way we will know if they are fraternal in the short term is if one is a boy and one is a girl, other than that we will have to wait until they are born and studies are done on the placentas! We don't care either way, we just want healthy babies. Although Chad is predicting two girls (I think this is his way of putting a jinx on so that it really isn't two girls) and my gut says there is at least one girl!
At this point in gestation the babies weigh about 2 3/4 ounces and are about 4-5 inches long!
I do have a few pics to share, these are not the best and are done with a older machine. The only reason they are done is to assure that there is indeed two heart beats.
The top photo is Baby "a", and the bottom is Baby "b"! I call these alien photos!

Sorry for the short post, work has been CRAZY this week!!! That actually is an understatement! We are swamped with the flu!!! Hope everyone is having a good week and is healthy!!! Only two more days until the weekend!!! Missi
No comments:
Post a Comment